Ablaze Records SINFONIA Series
Would you like to have your concert music for large ensemble recorded and released on CD to a worldwide audience? Now is your chance with the ABLAZE Records call for SCORES for its second SINFONIA series disc. For this series ABLAZE will record your work with the Brno Philharmonic Ensemble conducted by new music specialist conductor Mikel Toms. Then we will expertly edit, mix and master your music and manufacture CDs for worldwide release.
Send a score of your work to us for your chance to win a place on our Sinfonia Series, Vol. 2 CD. If our expert panel of composers chooses your work, you will win a spot on our Sinfonia Series CD. This will entitle you to a partially subsidized commercial release of your work worldwide.
1. The works can be for any chamber ensemble size up to 15 players with the usual instrumentation of:
- 1 Flute (doubling piccolo),
- 1 Oboe (doubling cor Anglais),
- 1 Clarinet (doubling bass clarinet),
- 1 Bassoon,
- 1 French Horn,
- 1 Trumpet,
- 1 Trombones (1 tenor or 1 bass),
- 1 Tuba
- 1 Percussionist (usual range of orchestral percussion available),
- 1 Piano or Harp
- 2 Violins
- 1 Viola
- 1 Cello
- 1 Double Bass
- Additional instruments may be available upon arrangement. Piano is usually available and all usual auxiliaries are available
2. Works must be for the full ensemble or substantial subgroups (no less than ten) of the full ensemble only.
3. The works can be of any duration.
4. The score must be a computer engraved (Finale, Sibelius, etc) score.
5. The composer will be responsible for supplying ABLAZE with computer engraved hard copies of parts prepared to MOLA standards.
6. The composer will supply notes about the composer and work.
7. The composer will supply a high quality photograph of his/herself for use in the CD booklet and ABLAZE website.
What we are looking for:
1. Very high quality compositions
2. Very high quality prepared scores and parts to MOLA Guidelines
Who is Eligible:
Any composer without restriction as to style of music, age or nationality of the composer may submit a score for consideration.
APRIL 1, 2019
About ABLAZE Records
ABLAZE Records is a new Australian/USA company that issues recordings worldwide on iTunes and through Amazon.com. The focus of the company is on new music composition and classical music performance. ABLAZE discs are digitally distributed worldwide by Naxos of America and iTunes and available in hard copy through Albany Music Distributors and Amazon.com.
About the Prize
This competition is for original compositions only and not arrangements of other material.
ABLAZE will extend to all winners a subsidized rate for the recording. This means that usual costs for final recorded music will be subsidized by ABLAZE so that we can offer to the winners a place on this disc at very competitive rates. This is ABLAZE’s commitment to new music and we are very excited to hear/see your submissions.
This competition aims to discover orchestral works of composers that have not yet been recorded and mastered to a full and commercially released CD. Many musicians have works they would be happy to release but may not have enough material or the means to issue a full CD of their orchestral work. It is with the thought of assisting such composers that ABLAZE has issued its call for scores. Once we compile a range of scores ABLAZE records will:
- Oversee the preparation and production of the recording sessions
- Produce an edited final version of the work
- Have the work/disc professionally mastered
- Have the disc meticulously replicated (rather than duplicated)
- Custom design the artwork and digital booklet
- Compile liner notes for the accompanying booklet
- Complete all contracts with composers (who retain full ownership of their work)
- Manufacture the disc run
- Distribute hard copies to Albany Music Distributors and Amazon.com
- Distribute digital masters to Naxos of America, iTunes, Amazon MP3 and other digital outlets
- Promote, advertise and seek reviews of the release
The subsidized costs to all participants are to cover the expenses of the above services such that we can ensure the highest quality product to those who have entrusted their music to us.
What to submit:
1. A PDF file of your score. A printed and bound score of your submission will be requested if your work passes the first round adjudication
2. An audio file of a previous performance or MIDI rendering if available
3. Completed Application Form
4. Application fee (US$17)
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK THROUGH THIS SITE BY CLICKING ON THE 'SUBMIT' BUTTON BELOW
You can look up our current releases:
ABLAZE Records Website
ABLAZE Records Facebook Page:
ABLAZE @ AMAZON.com
ABLAZE Records Soundcloud Page: