Ablaze Records Mastertapes Series
Have you got a great recording of your original composition that you would like issued on a commercially released CD? Now is your chance with the ABLAZE Records call for Mastertapes.
Send a CD of your mastertape (digital recordings only please) to us for your chance to win a place on our Millennial Masters, Vol. 9 CD. If our expert panel of composers and audio engineers chooses your work, you will win a spot on our NINTH Millennial Masters CD. This will entitle you to a partially subsidized commercial release of your work worldwide.
1. The works can be for any ACOUSTIC medium.
2. For any works involving texts the composer must also submit proof of copyright clearance and permission for use on a commercial recording.
3. The work should preferably be a studio (rather than a ‘live’) recording
4. Works must be fully edited/mixed to a version suitable for mastering to a CD publication
5. Works must be in digital format (to at least 44.1K sample rate and at 24 bit resolution)
6. Include notes about the performers, composer and work
What we are looking for:
1. Very high quality recordings
2. Very high quality compositions
3. Very high quality performances
Who is Eligible:
Any composer without restriction as to style of music, age or nationality may submit a mastertape for consideration.
Submission DeadlineAPRIL 1, 2018
About ABLAZE Records
ABLAZE Records is a new Australian/USA company that issues recordings worldwide on iTunes and through Amazon.com and through NAXOS of AMERICA on the Naxos Music Library. Hard copy distribution is through ALBANY MUSIC DISTRIBUTORS and SuperD OneStop. The focus of the company is on new music composition and classical music performance.About the Prize
This competition aims to discover works of composers that have already been recorded but not yet mastered to a full and commercially released CD. Many musicians have performances of certain works recorded which they would be happy to release but may not have enough material to issue a full CD. Still other musicians may not be inclined or disposed to do the ‘business’ side of getting their work out to the public and distributed world wide. It is with the thought of assisting such composers that ABLAZE has issued its call for Master Tapes. Once we compile a range of recordings ABLAZE records will:
- Have the disc professionally mastered
- Have the disc meticulously replicated (rather than duplicated)
- Design the artwork and digital booklet
- Compile liner notes for the accompanying booklet
- Obtain all clearances and copyrights
- Complete all contracts with participants (who all retain full ownership of their work)
- Manufacture the disc run
- Distribute hard copies to Albany Music Distributors and Amazon.com
- Distribute digital masters to Naxos Music Library, iTunes, Amazon MP3 and other digital outlets
- Promote, advertise and seek reviews of the release
This competition is for studio or very high quality live recordings of performances of original compositions. ABLAZE will extend to all winners a partially subsidized recording. This means that our usual costs for final recorded music will be subsidized by ABLAZE so that we can offer to the winners a place on this disc at a fraction of usual costs. This is ABLAZE’s commitment to new music and we are very excited to hear your submissions. The subsidized costs to all participants are to cover the expenses of the above services such that we can ensure the highest quality product to those who have entrusted their music to us.
SUBMIT BY CLICKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON BELOW
You can look up our current releases:ABLAZE Records Websitehttp://www.ablazerecords.net/ABLAZE Records Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/AblazeRecordsiTuneshttp://itunes.apple.com/us/album/millennial-masters-vol-1/id409115046ABLAZE @ AMAZON.comhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1860XA4B64P8ABLAZE Records Soundcloud Page:https://soundcloud.com/ablazerecords/sets