ABLAZE Records ELECTRONIC
Have you got a great recording
of your original electronic or electroacoustic composition that you would like
issued on a commercially released CD?
Now is your chance with the
ABLAZE Records call for Master tapes.
Submit your mastertape
(digital recordings only please) to us for your chance to win a place on our ELECTRONIC
MASTERS Vol. 6 CD. If our expert panel of composers and audio engineers
chooses your work, you will win a spot on our FIFTH ELECTRONIC MASTERS CD. This
will entitle you to a partially subsidized commercial release of your work
worldwide during 2017.
1. The works can be for any ELECTRONIC OR ELECTROACOUSTIC medium and can
include instrumental or vocal resources.
2. For any works involving texts the composer must also submit proof of
copyright clearance and permission for use on a commercial recording.
3. The work must be a studio (rather than a ‘live’) recording
4. Works must be fully edited/mixed to a version suitable for mastering
to a CD publication
5. Works must be in digital format (WAV/BWAVE file to at least 48K sample rate and at 24
6. Include notes about any performers, composer and work
What we are looking for:
1. Very high quality recordings
2. Very high quality works
3. Very high quality performances
Who is Eligible:
Any composer without
restriction as to style of music, age or nationality may submit a mastertape
APRIL 1, 2017
About ABLAZE Records
ABLAZE Records is a new Australian/USA company that issues recordings worldwide on iTunes
through Amazon.com and through NAXOS of AMERICA on the Naxos Music
Library. Hard copy distribution is through ALBANY MUSIC DISTRIBUTORS and
SuperD OneStop. The focus of the company is on new music composition
and classical music performance.
About the Prize
This competition aims to discover works of composers that have already been recorded but not yet mastered to a full and commercially released CD. Many musicians have performances of certain
works recorded which they would be happy to release but may not have
enough material to issue a full CD. Still other musicians may not be
inclined or disposed to do the ‘business’ side of getting their work out
to the public and distributed world wide. It is with the thought of
assisting such composers that ABLAZE has issued its call for Master
Tapes. Once we compile a range of recordings ABLAZE records will:
- Have the disc professionally mastered
- Have the disc meticulously replicated (rather than duplicated)
- Design the artwork and digital booklet
- Compile liner notes for the accompanying booklet
- Obtain all clearances and copyrights
- Complete all contracts with participants (who all retain full ownership of their work)
- Manufacture the disc run
- Distribute hard copies to Albany Music Distributors and Amazon.com
- Distribute digital masters to Naxos Music Library, iTunes, Amazon MP3 and other digital outlets
- Promote, advertise and seek reviews of the release
This competition is for studio or very high quality live recordings of performances of original compositions.
ABLAZE will extend to all winners a partially subsidized recording.
This means that our usual costs for final recorded music will be
subsidized by ABLAZE so that we can offer to the winners a place on this
disc at a fraction of usual costs. This is ABLAZE’s commitment to new
music and we are very excited to hear your submissions. The subsidized
costs to all participants are to cover the expenses of the above
services such that we can ensure the highest quality product to those
who have entrusted their music to us.
You can look up our current releases:ABLAZE Records Websitehttp://www.ablazerecords.net/ABLAZE Records Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/AblazeRecordsiTuneshttp://itunes.apple.com/us/album/millennial-masters-vol-1/id409115046ABLAZE @ AMAZON.comhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1860XA4B64P8ABLAZE Records Soundcloud Page:https://soundcloud.com/ablazerecords/sets